Choosing a Photographer
When you want to find the best photographer in the business, it can seem a little daunting. Choosing a photographer is more involved than it may seem and sometimes, it’s hard to know what to ask to determine if your candidate really has the stuff it takes to provide you with beautiful photographs. At Kim Jew, we understand the confusion faced by so many business people, advertisers, actors, parents, and high school seniors that only want the best portraits for their time and trouble.
Questions to Ask a Professional Portrait Photographer
Before you hire a photographer, be sure you find out the answers to the following questions:
- Does s/he have a staff of trained photographers? Or is s/he flying solo? A photographer with a highly-trained staff will be more flexible and may have more availability. A large, highly-trained staff also demonstrates that the photographer has achieved a certain level of success. At Kim Jew, we have a full staff of trained photographers at three different locations to better serve your photography needs.
- How much experience does s/he have? Nowadays, there are plenty of GWCs (Guys with Cameras) running around and there’s no telling whether they have the skill and experience necessary to take great photos. Try to obtain some credentials from your photographer before hiring him or her. At Kim Jew, we have over 34 years of experience photographing the most important people in the world.
- Does s/he provide natural retouching? If he or she doesn’t retouch photos, you may have to spend more money later on when you discover you need to cover up acne splotches or under-eye wrinkles. At Kim Jew, we provide natural retouching as part of our photography packages to make you look flawless.
- Do you like the photographer’s work? If you don’t like the photographs you see on his or her website, chances are you aren’t going to like the portraits he or she provides for you. Ask to see samples of each photographer’s work before you agree to a photo session.
- Are digital photographs available? Nowadays, digital photographs have many functions and can be used to create DVDs and slideshows for trendy displays that supersede the previous limitations of traditional prints. At Kim Jew, we offer digital photographs as an option for cutting-edge photography display and distribution.
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Before you hire a professional portrait photographer, take a look at their photography portfolio. A bad photographer will have many versions of the same stilted pose in front of similar, dated-looking backgrounds. A good photographer will have a few varieties of natural poses utilizing several different natural-looking backgrounds. A great photographer will showcase a wide variety of composite photographs, black and white photos, portraits taken on location and in the studio, and will answer all of your concerns prior to your photo session.
Kim Jew is an award-winning photographer with over 34 years of experience in commercial, fashion, portrait, product, and fine art photography. Between photographing A-List celebrities, hot products, presidents, and exclusive families, Kim Jew makes time to perfect his art and never misses an opportunity to educate himself on the latest photographic techniques, the newest technology, and the coolest trends. If you want your photo taken by the best photographer, contact Kim Jew! He will ensure that you receive stunning portraits that you will be happy to star in!
Friend Kim Jew on Facebook for Special Offers!
Kim Jew now has
to serve your needs!